all contents subject to copyright by me, of me, for me.

Friday, October 14

down on the corner

put out on the street
you and the garbage man,
first time that you eat
from the same bucket
its metal shiny new,
the door to the walmart
is opened up a zoo

all of the people, greeting at the store
goin bout their business, happy as before
all of the tourists, arrive in the boat
grinning and snapping, pictures of the goats

I think I see the stop sign
melting into chalk
lines around the people,
not allowed to talk.
they think that they are given
rights by the big old words
but when the cops come swinging
the ink is on the horse.

out on the doorstop, up in the tree
many many people, no longer free
away in the manger, away on the farm
pheasant shooting pillgrims, set their car alarms.

No comments:

Post a Comment